7/06/2011

Vineyards With a View...



There is something invigorating about the pop of a champagne/sparkling wine cork. That "pop" speaks of hope, love, romance, a future, a celebration of things to come, or a remembrance of things past. (Thank you, Proust.)

I had the good fortune to visit Gloria Ferrer in Sonoma and sample some wonderful sparkling wine.

What I experienced really surprised me. The vineyards are endless. The study of viticulture (is obviously) rampant, and I enjoyed learning different grapes and how they grow. (And the tasting part was a real challenge. :) )

A lovely delight at GF...the most wonderful spicy almonds that accompany the tasting menu. I was so enamored that I asked if I could buy them and take them home...the answer was no. They were not available to sell, but they would gladly send me home with some (for free) and tell me how they were made.

No comments:

Post a Comment