4/08/2015

FITD Food: Easter Italian Bread

Hello Everyone--sorry for the lapse in blog posting--there just hasn't been much to say until now.

First of all, Happy belated Easter/Passover. I hope you were able to enjoy your friends and family as I was able to enjoy mine.

Speaking of family, I was talking to my favorite aunt about Easter plans, and she started talking about this delicious bread that she made for her Grandmother one Easter, who was just so tickled that my Aunt T. made it for her--she was just overwhelmed with joy.

Naturally, after we got off the phone,  I went to Pinterest to figure out the bread my aunt meant. (She couldn't remember what it was called.) And I was simply overwhelmed by the sheer number of recipes for this festive bread.

So much so that I decided to make it a family tradition for Easter.

In a nutshell: you bake bread dough with a dyed raw egg--pretty braids and colors (via sprinkles or sugars make this bread so much fun--especially if you have the Littles involved). Essentially, the eggs hard boil in the oven.

(So, if you're like me and cannot boil an egg to save your life, this recipe is for you.)

The best part about this recipe is that you can customize it to suit your taste and personal aesthetic.

I thank my Aunt T for sharing--not only this idea--but the memory that came along with it.

I love you, Aunt T! And Grandma H!!



(image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)




FITD love!

xo,

B


No comments:

Post a Comment