12/12/2012

And the Cup Ran Away with the Spoon...

So, in keeping with my promise to give homemade Christmas gifts this year (candles, hot chocolate, soap, bath salts), I added chocolate-covered spoons to the agenda. I'm gifting these along with my mini-mason jars of hot chocolate.

I picked up some vintage spoons during my antique shopping as well as some mini-spoons from China that I picked up on eBay.


Using a microwave-safe container (I like Pyrex), melt chocolate chips (I used both dark and white). Add a little vegetable oil to ensure the chocolate melts smoothly.



Pipe or spoon the chocolate into your spoons.

 

Decorate spoons with the topping of your choice: marshmallows, M&Ms, red hots...whatever catches your fancy. I found these little ginger guys at Michael's.

Chill the spoons until set. (We have a wine fridge downstairs, so I usually chill overnight. And look at the ginger guys. :) )

The handle of one of the spoons...LOVES



Wrap spoons in saran wrap or candy bags and tie with ribbon. (I'm showing the spoon with a candle I made using a vintage teacup.)


Hot chocolate with the mini-mason: peppermint and cinnamon hot chocolate (with marshmallows)!! (And the little ginger guy!)


Enjoy!!

FITD love!!

xoxo,

Bran

No comments:

Post a Comment