1/07/2013

Downton Abbey: Decanted

Has anyone else gotten sucked into Downton Abbey?

I have just discovered it (yes, I know: where have I been?), and I am absolutely hooked.

Over the holiday, my plan was to watch just one episode--just one--and then tackle the laundry that needed doing. Seven episodes later, nary a sock had been washed, and I had a strong desire for a crumpet.

Which leads me to the subject of this post--have you noticed that the members of the Crawley family are always eating something or drinking something and doing it ever-so-elegantly?

When I watched Carson decanting that bottle of red in the first season, I knew what I needed to have: a wine decanter.

(Right along with an English accent, a spot of tea, and a riding habit.)

I spent New Year's Day day dragging my Beloved around several antique shops before deciding on this decanter, which I used on Saturday night.




FITD love!

Lady B












No comments:

Post a Comment