1/19/2013

Makeover: An FITD Declutter

Today, I took Duchess Elizabeth to the vet for her annual checkup. Naturally, I felt just horrible because she was shaking the entire time, but all went well, and she is now curled up by me.

(I guess she has forgiven me. :) )

So, today I did a couple of nice things for myself: I put on a super cute outfit to take Dutchie to the vet. I also stopped on the way home and picked up a bottle of fresh-squeezed orange juice and some Pellegrino.

I also decided to start my (sometimes semi) annual decluttering process.

I am, by nature, a packrat. I tend to associate many of my good memories with the things that I have, and sometimes it's hard for me to part with them.

(Also, if the Zombie Apocalypse should still happen, I'm at the ready. :) )

So, let's talk about my (small) project for the day: organizing the drawer that houses my undergarments.

I was tired of pawing through an endless number of tights to find ones without a run. (Do the Zombies really need 10 pairs of black tights?) Keeping socks without mates in the hopes that the dryer would magically return them. Searching frantically for a swimsuit top.

So, in the vein of Wearing what I Love/Loving what I wear, I had a little Come-to-Jesus with my wardrobe.

How scary is this?

The Before Pile


Organizing by color...

Black, White/pastels, Colors

 Allows me to enjoy....

Whites and Brights

 The things I love...

My grandmother's vintage slip

(images via Framed In The Doorway)

FITD love!!

xoxo,

B










No comments:

Post a Comment