1/30/2013

Leek Soup

Last night, I decided to make leek soup. I had been wanting to try it ever since reading French Women Don't Get Fat.

I am a huge fan of anything onion-based, and I'd never cooked with leeks, so I was anxious to give it a try.

Given the simple nature of the recipe and ingredients, I was surprised (and delighted) to find this broth both nourishing and satisfying. I wish I had made more!

I will definitely use this recipe again as a stock for potato soup or vegetable soup. Naturally, I used my china and silver. (I love this particular resolution. :) )

Ingredients

  • 2-3 leeks
  • water
  • salt/pepper (to taste)

Directions

  1. Chop leeks at the bottom leaving only the white and a hint of green. 
  2. Cover with water and bring to a boil. 
  3. Let simmer for about an hour. 
  4. Season to taste and enjoy. 


(image via Framed In The Doorway)

FITD love!

xo,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment