9/30/2012

Salt 'n' Soda

Okay, I'm a huge fan of Any Type of Bath Product. If it has a chi-chi name and cute packaging, I'm in.

So, inspired by my BFF (who is inherently crafty), I decided to make my own bath salts (the good kind!) and share my results with y'all!!

What I love about this particular project is that it allows me to be creative AND be forward-thinking about holiday (gulp!) gifts.

It is also appealing because you can tailor it to suit your own taste.

Let's get started!

Ingredients

  • 1 and 1/4 cup epsom salt/sea salt (sea salt optional)
  • 3/4 cup baking soda
  • food coloring
  • essential oils
  • cute jars
  • ribbon/bling for decoration (optional)
  • small funnel (optional)
  • ziplock bag (optional)
Directions 

1. Assemble ingredients

 2. Measure salt and soda.



3. Gently stir mixture.



4. Depending on the size of your jars/options/project, transfer salt mixture into another bowl. Set aside the oils/color of your choice.

 5. Add essential oils and color food to your liking. 



 6. Transfer mixture to jar.


7. And decorate!


Final product!!




My Musings

 What I love about this recipe is that it can be modified to suit your tastes. AND you can make it from what you may already have around the house. It's also kid-friendly! (Hey, it involves food coloring and can make a nice holiday gift for teachers.)

In hindsight, I probably added too much oil (and I now smell like vanilla almond)! My advice: add color/oil slowly. :)

I made too much salt mixture and have stored the extra in a ziplock bag for future use.

Also: I add a small funnel for transferring the salt. I suggest you use a piece of rolled-up paper instead--see picture. 

xoxo,

Bran








































No comments:

Post a Comment