9/29/2012

Skin Deep

My mom has always taught me the value of taking care of my skin.

To the point where it doesn't matter if I'm sick, lazy, tired, bored, lazy, tired, depressed, or even in the hospital undergoing brain surgery, washing my face and caring for my skin is ingrained.

I once had a friend remark: "It's 4 a.m.! Are you really taking off your make-up NOW!?!"

To which I replied, "Yes. Yes, I am."

Now let's talk skin care.

My mom got me my very first make-up set from Mary Kay.

When, I turned 21, my mom had a very special surprise for me. She had arranged for a makeover for me at Merle Norman. Even though money was tight for my mom, she paid for all of the cosmetics in that make-over, and I went home feeling so pretty and so proud.

A few years ago, my mom came to stay with me, and with the curiosity (nosiness) that Moms have--honed in on the skin care regime I was using an adult: of course, starting with, "How much did that cost?" And then proceeded to get her own.

(I'm frugal--sharing links to the website and pics. You can go to Amazon or eBay.)

So, here goes: :)

via


via

via
via

No comments:

Post a Comment