11/27/2012

FITD Traditions: Thanks +Giving

As we finish off the Thanksgiving leftovers and march towards Christmas, I thought I would share a bit about my holiday.

Although I love to entertain formally, I rarely do so. Much of my good china and serving dishes remain on the shelf most of the year--a habit I plan on breaking.

So, when I have the opportunity to entertain, I tend to get a little crazy. :) I spend days polishing silver. I contemplate the prettiest serving dishes to use. I plan a menu.

For the past few years, my Beloved and I have had his parents over for Thanksgiving. We will then spend a night at a B&B and do some antiquing where I have my annual, ubiquitous hunt for all glassware that is depression-era.

This year we had the good fortune to stay at the Alexander Mansion where we were treated to a lovely, gracious, and luxurious stay. I highly recommend it.



Silver: the finished product--a gift from my mom



Placesettings and centerpiece: I made the centerpiece myself. :) And notice that cute, yellow depression glass?


The finished product


One of my favorite depression-era pieces



A light fixture in Martha's room.


A nice plan to snuggle with a good book :)


The nightstand with a little treat



Nightcap and goodnight. :)

  Oh--I also did a quick update to my vanity. :)




FITD Love!

xoxo,

Bran

P.S. An FITD sentiment according to my mother: "Don’t ruin the table with
bowls that aren’t pretty."






No comments:

Post a Comment