4/16/2013

Layers and Layers and Layers

Since embarking upon my painting journey, I have really enjoyed the process of creating something. It doesn't matter if it's any good--or even if no one likes it but me. What I'm really enjoying is layering and texture with the help of products like this. I'm able to create pieces that have depth and (at least to me) are interesting to look at.

Today, I placed one of my larger canvases against the sun, and it was really fantastic to see the previous layers coming through and creating the most amazing shadows.

The best part? Not having any expectation of what I'll end up with.


The beginning; not sure if I care for the end-result...



Likewise: I didn't care for how this piece started, but I love how it turned out!

This canvas is more personal for me as I'm working on a multimedia piece dedicated to my Mom. I'm not sure where I want to go with it--and this initial effort is me experimenting more than anything else. I can't wait to work more on this, and yet, I keep working on other pieces. :)






Sorry for the delayed blog post, and I know I have to post more about Key West!

FITD love!

xo,

B


No comments:

Post a Comment