4/28/2013

Mother's Day 2013: The Gift-giving Edition

Hello my Framed In The Doorway lovelies!

I hope you have had a nice weekend and have been able to enjoy some of the nice weather we are experiencing here in Minnesota. (I can finally say that without sarcasm!) :)

It is one week until Mother's Day, and although this is the third Mother's Day without my (greatest) mom, the initial thought of, "What should I get my mom on Mother's day?" is still there. This year I even found myself looking at Mother's Day cards thinking to myself, "Mom would have really liked that one...and that one...and that one!"

I always tried to find the perfect gift for my Mom for Mother's Day and to make that day the Best Day Ever. As I got older, I learned that those gifts weren't necessarily material: one year Mother's Day was simply me bringing Potbelly sandwiches over to her place at her request.

We ate and laughed and talked, and I remember waking up that day super excited, but also thinking: "She doesn't want to go out to fancy brunch?" Nope. She wanted to hang out and eat sandwiches. :) (She did love the tarts and tart burner I got her from Yankee Candle, though. )

So in honor of my mom (and yours):


1.  Fresh flowers. I know. Trite, but there is something about flowers that just go right to the happy place. :) (image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)

2. Fab bracelet from the lovely Kate Spade

3. A nice day for a light read ...

4. For the tech-savvy mom

5. My mom was a huge collector of pretty things. It did not have to be expensive, but it did need to be meaningful. This piece by Lladro makes me think of her.

6. Something homemade. Even after the age of five, the homemade, personalized gifts are the best.

My mom saved every piece of artwork, letter, card, etc. that I made. I think she would have loved all the crafty stuff I have been doing. I painted this piece in her memory. It is called "Newborn." (image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)

Happy Mother's Day!!

FITD love!

xoxo,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment