5/21/2014

FITD: Living In Style: Part 1

I just read Rachel Zoe's Living In Style, and I have to say: I loved, loved, LOVED it, Her tone and voice were so engaging, and her message was very Framed In The Doorway. (I also loved Style A to Zoe.)

I was so inspired by reading her book that I decided to interview myself on my own blog about my thoughts on style, fashion and living the good life--especially as I turn 40. (YAY!!!)

Let's talk a little bit about style. Tell us a bit about your personal aesthetic.

For me, it starts on the inside. The quote from Diana Vreeland absolutely sums it up: "The only real elegance is in the mind; if you've got that, the rest really comes from it.." I think of my style like a story. The core piece remains the same. I just keep adding lovely bits to it.

To me, the most important thing is to remain intellectually engaged: Everything else stems from that.

My style is pretty classic. I prefer the old to the new. Quality over quantity. I appreciate anything with a sense of history.

What's your daily uniform?

I always joke that I have an outfit for every occasion. (I have a gardening outfit.) But my day-to-day wear tends to be pared down: denim, cami, jacket, cute shoes. And accessories, of course. :)

How do you splurge?

I tend to invest in good-quality denim and high-quality handbags. I buy a pair of jeans every other year and wear them often. In terms of handbags, I prefer a lovely leather with very little logo action. I tend to be pretty hard on stuff. I want something that's going to last.

You're turning 40...how has that adjusted your fashion/beauty routine?

I love turning 40!! I love all of my birthdays. :)

Umm....for me, not all that much, I tend to be pretty mindful about certain things--to the point where I'm evangelical. (Sorry to all of my friends who hear me proselytize.) Take care of your skin, take care of your skin, take of your skin!!!

I also tend to edit my closet.

So, your new fave accessory is...?

A pink sunhat!!

Fashion pet-peeves?

Romper, overalls, jumpsuit....anything that mimics an adult onesie. (Outside of my hoodie-footie!!)

You're stuck on an island?

Where's my lipstick?!?!

Living the good life?

Is simply that. It's not about material things. It's about living well. It's about living in the small things. Making memories. As Ms. Vreeland would say, “Oh, but I think that thoughtfulness and manners are everything.”

FITD love!! And thanks to Rachel for another great read!!

This post: To Be Continued,

xo,

B














No comments:

Post a Comment