2/13/2013

FITD: True Love

So, this blog post is a bit more difficult (but no less joyous) to write.

This is a Valentine's Day post dedicated to a dear friend of mine whose husband has been approved (and scheduled) for a kidney transplant tomorrow.

What a wonderful Valentine's Day gift.

My friends found each other in high school and have since loved and cherished each other ever since.

In the past few years, his health has been on the decline and the need for a kidney has been great. Watching my friend support her husband, suffer his pain as thought it were her own, plead for prayers...offer up her own kidney to support him. She is truly a remarkable human being

AND she keeps a sense of humor, supports her friends, and maintains a generosity of spirit.

Since my Mom died, she has yielded unwavering support.

Tomorrow, my dear friend, this Valentine's gift will be about y'all.

This post does not involve pictures of flowers or candy or cards.

But it does involve this: to my sweet Angela and Joe--a little English poem from  Gammer Gurton's Garland:

The rose is red, the violet's blue,
The honey's sweet, and so are you.
Thou art my love and I am thine;
I drew thee to my Valentine:
The lot was cast and then I drew,
And Fortune said it shou'd be you

FITD love.

Your friend,

Brandy




No comments:

Post a Comment