2/11/2013

Tea For One

When I was 32, I briefly worked in downtown Chicago near the Ritz-Carlton. Occasionally, I would treat myself to a glass of wine and an olive tray. I felt very grown-up. Sometimes I would bring a book and a journal. Other times, I would people watch and look out the window and daydream.

I always told myself I would treat myself to high tea there, but I never could seem to justify it.

I'm not an avid tea drinker. I like it, but I seem to drink it when I'm either cold or sick, and making tea basically involves a paper cup, hot water, and bagged tea. Sometimes, if I'm feeling really adventurous, I'll throw in some sugar.

But to me, there seems to be something proper and soothing about formal tea.

Here are some things on my imaginary tea tray:

Tea, of course, (And no paper cup for me!)

via


And finger sandwiches, dahling...

via


Followed by some miniature scones...

via

 
With a delicate, feminine centerpiece...

via

An elegant strand of pearls...

via

The  perfect outfit and location...

via

And no lady is complete without her hat and gloves...

via


via
FITD love!

xo,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment