2/18/2013

Jewelry Declutter

I decided to tackle a small little project today: decluttering my daily jewelry pile. For a while, I was storing my daily pieces in one of my depression-glass bowls. Well, everything ended tangled up in the bowl, and I was afraid I would chip the bowl.

Then I moved on to one of plastic storage things from Target, which worked for a while. But then everything started getting tangled up again, and I lost one of my favorite hoop earrings, which I am sure is around here somewhere. In fact, I'm sure the dog found it, and it's buried in her bed.

At any rate, I found this cute little floral jewelry tree at Target and decided to give it a try

Picking out the pieces I wear daily brings me a great deal of joy, and I like to wear accessories that are meaningful to me.

This is the Before picture. See how everything is jumbled together? Doesn't make it very easy to find my favorite pair of earrings.


Here's the cute little tree from Target...



This is the After....things hopefully will be easier to find...


This is my favorite...an earring-studded flower. :) The pink and yellow earrings are Kate Spade. I love the pink bows and gave the matching bracelet to a friend of mine who had cancer (and has fully recovered!). It's kind of hard to tell, but the earrings at the bottom are supposedly vintage Chanel. A girlfriend and I found matching pairs in an antique shop and gave them to each other as a gift. :)




This is one of my very favorite necklaces. It was a gift from my mom from her trip to Asia.(Notice my Texas charm bracelet peeking in the back. :)



My Texas charm bracelet along with a handmade bracelet from a dear friend of mine.



The neon pink bangle is another (on sale) Kate Spade purchase, and the flower cocktail ring was a birthday gift. The colored cocktail ring was picked up in a fun little shop in the French quarter.


A sparkly Christmas gift from my nephew coupled with my beloved watch, which my I got on one of my very special trips with my Mom...


And another one of my favorite necklaces...oh, and if you look down in the lower, right-hand corner, you'll see a pair of jade earrings that my Mom gave me. I don't wear them very often because jade is heavy. I like it for spring, though.



And there you have it!!

FITD love!

xo

(all images courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)

No comments:

Post a Comment