3/12/2014

FITD Food: Stuffed Pork Chops

Stuffed pork chops are among the very favorite of my childhood recipes. Granted, it was when I was older--a teen-ager--but my Mom always made them when we had "fancy" company. She would precede the main course with a green salad with Olive Garden salad dressing.

I never got her exact recipe, but I'd like to think that  I did my best to replicate it.

Know your Butcher

Or the guy at your local grocery store meat counter. My initial plan was to just grab a package of pork chops and try to butterfly them myself. On a whim, I went to meat counter and told the butcher what I wanted to do.

He sliced a couple of happy-looking pork chops. He cut pockets into the fatty side of the meat that looked like mouths.

They looked like this: happy. And smiling. And me: wanting that lipstick color.

(image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)


Prepare your Stuffing

Stovetop

Stuff the Chops

Pre-heat your oven to 350. Wipe down the chops with olive oil and season. Widen the mouth of your chop and stuff with Stovetop. 

(image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)

Cook until Done

Check your meat thermometer. Remove from your oven at 150 and let them rest.

It should look like this.

(image courtesy of Framed In the Doorway)
 
 
(image courtesy of Framed In the Doorway) 

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment