3/26/2014

FITD Tulip Fancy: Happy Spring

I just love, love, love when I get inspired to do a blog post from a passing comment. I love it more when I get to acquire knowledge in the process.

I adore tulips. Always have. Since moving to Minnesota, I always tell myself that I will plant bulbs in the fall, so I can have tulips of my very own. So far, the spirit has been willing, but the flesh continues to be weak.

When I was a teen-ager, I went to the Tulip Time Festival in Holland, Michigan. What a wonderful experience!!

As a young adult at my first grown-up job, I worked in downtown Dallas in a cubicle facing a window that looked towards downtown. During tulip season, I would visit the local florist, buy a tulip, and place it in a bud vase in front of the window.

I bought my first tulips this year, and oh, I am so happy!!

I posted a picture on Facebook and received this advice from a dear friend: "Pop a penny in the vase it will stop them growing all crazy." 
 
Done and done!! Thank you for the tip. <3

(image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)

(image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)
 
Enjoy!!

FITD love!

xo,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment