3/04/2013

Fairy Garden: FITD Inspiration!

Hello, hello my lovelies!!

I am so, so excited.

So, yesterday after our successful clothing venture, my friend Dee and I decided to head over to a place called Little Enchantments, a store dealing in miniatures and dollhouses. Unfortunately, they were closed, but that didn't stop us from pressing our noses against the glass (sorry, Little Enchantments) and saying things like, "OMG, look at the toilet!! Isn't that the cutest thing ever?"

I love miniatures. And I love dollhouses. And for whatever reason, a toilet becomes more than just a toilet when ensconced in a dollhouse bathroom.

I have always wanted a dollhouse of my very own: one that you put together yourself and decorate yourself. Where you get to pick out tiny china for a tiny china cabinet. And buy wee bed linens.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, for time, space, and budget), that dream was not meant to be.

And that's okay because I learned something. They make dollhouses for adults! The fairy garden. :) I can indulge my sense of whimsy and imagination and still have something practical yet beautiful (also good for acrafty kid idea :) )

So this is my new plan for spring. I'm in full-on research mode and am thinking a large-ish potted fairy garden might make a lovely centerpiece for our deck table.

So, now I'm scouring Pinterest for ideas/inspiration. And what I love is that I can go anywhere with this! And since we still have snow on  the ground here in Minnesota, it'll give me time to think about what I want and how to plan. A definite pick-me-up in looking forward to spring weather. :)

Am. loving. this. :)

Some of my Pinterest thoughts so far:

via



via

via

And although I took this picture last year, it reminds of warmer times to come and a lovely spot to house the garden.

(image courtesy of Framed In The Doorway)

I welcome your thoughts and comments. Has anyone else done a little miniature fairy garden? I will keep you updated on my progress. :)

FITD love!

xo,

B


No comments:

Post a Comment